APPLY FOR AN STTR WITH MIT MISSION INNOVATION X
This application is for startups to work with the MIT Mission Innovation X on an STTR.
This application is for startups to work with the MIT Mission Innovation X on an STTR. All application queries are either specifically pulled from the federal application, are required by MIT, or assist the MIT selection team in determining which companies we select. None of your answers will be shared for purposes other than (if selected) preparing MIT to contract with your startup for an upcoming STTR grant or contract.
Before you begin, consider the following:
1. This application is a form and cannot be saved. Plan accordingly. If needed, prepare your answers on a separate document so you can copy them in and submit in one sitting.
2. Your company must already be registered in SAM.gov to submit a proposal to the federal government. If you have not yet, please scroll to the bottom of this page and complete the steps in “Where to Start”. It is not required that all of these steps are complete before you submit your application.
4. The startup is fully responsible for the proposal to the federal government and all other deliverables. If you are selected, MIT offers a teaming agreement and other proposal documentation about MIT’s portion of the work for inclusion in your proposal package.
Still have questions? Please reach out to Katy Person at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply here for consideration to partner on an STTR with the MIT Mission Innovation X
Where to Start
YOU MAY NOT YET UNDERSTAND ALL THE JARGON ON THE DUAL-USE VENTURES APPLICATION. THE STEPS BELOW MAY HELP.
- Create a SAM login (same as login.gov): https:/www.sam.gov
- Register for a Commercial & Government Entity Code (CAGE#)
- Active Time: 2-5 hours
- Process Time: 10 to 14 days to process
- Create SBC Control ID on SBIR site: https:/www.sbir.gov
- Register on the SBIR/STTR America’s Seed Fund powered by the SBA
- Time: Under 1 hour
- Register on DSIP (Defense SBIR/STTR Innovation Portal): https://www.dodsbirsttr.mil/submissions
- Training Certification – Completion Certificate Under 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes