AIR FORCE STTR WITH MI[x]
This application is for startups to work with the MIT Innovation Initiative on the Air Force’s Open Topic STTR solicitation.
DEADLINE: 05/01/2022 ONGOING
This application is for startups to work with the MIT Innovation Initiative on the Air Force’s Open Topic STTR solicitation. All queries are either specifically pulled from the federal application, are required by MIT, or assist the MITii selection team in determining which companies we select. None of your answers will be shared for purposes other than preparing MIT to contract with your startup for an upcoming SBIR or STTR contract.
While MITii will receive applications on a rolling basis, we intend to select those companies with which we are applying before each of the Air Force’s Open Topic pre-release dates.
Please note: If your firm does not already have DUNS or CAGE number, please start to obtain those immediately. Together, they can take between 4-6 weeks to receive.
Air Force Open Call STTR with MI[x]
Where to Start
YOU MAY NOT YET UNDERSTAND ALL THE JARGON ON THE DUAL-USE VENTURES APPLICATION—THE STEPS BELOW WILL HELP.
- Create a DUNS #: https:/www.dnb.com
- Needed items: Business address, phone #, Owner info
- Active Time: Approximately 1 hour
- Process Time: 5 to 30 days to process
- Create a SAM login (same as login.gov): https:/www.sam.gov
- Register for a Commercial & Government Entity Code (CAGE#)
- Active Time: 2-5 hours
- Process Time: 10 to 14 days to process
- Create SBC Control ID on SBIR site: https:/www.sbir.gov
- Register on the SBIR/STTR America’s Seed Fund powered by the SBA
- Time: Under 1 hour
- Register on DSIP (Defense SBIR/STTR Innovation Portal): https://www.dodsbirsttr.mil/submissions
- Training Certification – Completion Certificate Under 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes